Ultimate Fighter Season 7 Episode 1
MMA News Written by MMARR
Wednesday, 02 April 2008
Fighter Season 7 started off with some excitement as UFC president Dana White announced a twist to the series. Instead of coaches Jackson and Griffin picking teams a fast and furious elimination tournament determined who was going to be on the show.
With 32 fighters fighting for 16 spots on the show the eliminations are broken up into two shows. Fighters had 48 hours to prepare and make weight, with John Clarke shedding 17 pounds to hit the middleweight limit.
Fighter Mike Dolce reported that before the show producers mandated, for the first time ever, that the cast members weigh no more than five pounds over this seasons class limit for the first day of filming. An obvious clue somebody would be fighting right away.
Here are your first eight Ultimate Fighter Season 7 contenders.
- Mike Dolce defeated Prince McLean
- Cale Yarbrough defeated John Clarke
- Amir Sadollah defeated Steve Byrnes
- CB Dollaway defeated David Baggett
- Dante Rivera defeated John Wood
- Nick Klein defeated David Newborn
- Paul Bradley defeated Reggie Orr
- Jeremy May defeated Dave Roberts